Online Video Product Demonstrations
About The Author:Online retailers are discovering the value of using video product demonstrations to revel the worth of their product. Educating consumers is half the battle, and a video demo can increase the desirability of a product simply by showcasing how easy and convenient it is to use.
Online retailers are discovering the value of using video product demonstrations to revel the worth of their product. Educating consumers is half the battle, and a video demo can increase the desirability of a product simply by showcasing how easy and convenient it is to use.
The concept isn't new. Product demonstrations are the cornerstone of the late night infomercial circuit, and draw crowds at state fairs and open air markets. In an increasingly digital world, an online version can boost sales and increase customer satisfaction. The production of a video product demo is simple, and includes the following steps:
* The procedure for using the product is documented and refined.
* A professional script is written to accurately describe the product and explain its uses. The script will also verbally follow the steps of implementation.
* A virtual spokesperson is chosen to demonstrate the product and extol its benefits in an upbeat manner.
A properly constructed video demo combines a sales pitch with a simple 'how to' format, and the video spokespeople add a personal touch that reaches out to the average consumer. These types of retailer video showcase not only the product but its different uses and reasons to buy. If the demonstration can be made entertaining as well, that increases the possibilities of it becoming popular on a wider scale, and your product will get more attention.
Video spokespeople also lend a virtual 'personal recommendation' to your product in a way that a written description or review just can't match. The viewers see the product being used and hear about its benefits in an impact way. The best retailer demos present the product using:
* An engaging personality (the virtual spokesperson)
* Live video of the product being used properly, to deliver successful results
* An effective, easy to understand script detailing the uses/benefits of the product, and explaining how to implement it
A video demo can also be useful for on the spot sales pitches in the corporate world, It's simple to show how to use a new tool or product to make their jobs easier. This reduces the amount of time wasted explaining how to implement the product over and over. A video product demonstration can also be produced in expanded form as a 'how to' video and packaged as an accompaniment to the product for future reference
For more information on video spokespeople and how you can use video demos to promote your products, visit us at http://www.ispeakvideo.com.