Tip #1 – What Good Is Traffic Without Conversions? Make sure your Site is set up with the customer In mind. If your site does not convert well, all the traffic in the world will not amount to a hill of beans! So, here’s a few tips to help your sites conversion ratio:
- An easy “Call to Action” is a must
- Final action/click should be within 2-3 clicks from the Home page
- Engage the searcher – give them engaging content/media etc…
- Provide value – not just fluff content, but real value – find out what questions they’re asking and answer them.
Tip #2 – Make sure to update your content & keep it fresh:
- Search Engines Continue To Award Freshness
- Keep your content unique
- Continue to refresh your content every 3-6 months.
- Provide new pages with new information – this helps your site become more of an authority within your industry which will provide new paths of traffic through different long-tail phrases.
Tip #3 – Focus On The Long-Tail Phrases (3 or 4 words)
- “Long Tail” phrases convert better and they also make it easier to dominate your competition in the Search Rankings.
- Go after the long-tail phrases with the short-tail as the base. By targeting the long-tail, the short-tail will also benefit.
- People searching via long-tail phrases often know exactly what they’re looking for and because of that, they tend to convert into customers at a higher percentage.