The ever increasing online presence of the global audience is an opportunity that everyone was excited about 15 years back. The opportunity exists today at an even bigger scale; but the increasing number of online population also presents a threat- you could very easily get lost in the crowd. So if you have an online presence not merely as a follower but as a provider of any service, product, resource or thoughts, the biggest challenge is to stand out in the crowd.
If you are not unique, you would not even be noticed. If you watch the digital marketing platform closely, there is always news (or a new blog post) coming up with new tips for what’s working and what’s not. But more often than not, by the time anyone adapts to the new trend, the trend is outdated and a newer trend has come up. So what’s the solution? We look at some simple steps to identify factors of sustenance: –
- Be aware of your audience: – Identify your primary and secondary target audience well, preferably in as much detail as you can. Look at a projection of the change in the behavior and preferences of the target group over the course of next 2 years.
- Requirement analysis: – Once the target groups and their behavioral pattern is known, figure out what are the best ways to reach the audience. There are plenty of tools to optimize your online presence; however, choose what you need and not what looks great. Don’t get carried away but flashy promotions.
- Find the resource: – Once the requirements are understood and the corresponding optimization tools are identified, look for the most appropriate resource to implement them. There are many resource providers; so you need to find one who fits the bill perfectly.
While the above mentioned 3 steps are quite simple, the trickier part is identifying the appropriate resource provider. So where do most people go haywire? We can look at the following core issues: –
- While a vendor might be good with certain resources, it might not be true for all resources. For example, a resource provider might excel in website design, but not necessarily in mobile site creation. If your audience is spread over both, then it presents a problem.
- Your own considerations matter. If your audience group itself is evolving over the next 2 years to move from website access to mobile site access, you need to consider that. If you hire an expert in website design today, that’s fine. But if the expert does not excel in mobile site design as well and if you are hiring the same fellow for an upgrade to mobile friendly site later on, it is a lack of hindsight at your end.
- Another factor to be considered would be to hire an intelligent resource provider with expertise in multiple categories. An intelligent vendor will be able to understand your requirements well before you say it out loud and even suggest what would suit you, not to mention the expertise to execute the same.
Keeping these factors in mind, we suggest that you look for complete web resources – something that leads you to a choice of options. Only a list of complete resources would provide you with the flexibility to change your digital strategy at will at any point of time- be it local SEO or global, be it Ecommerce SEO or WORDPRESS, the solution should ideally be available with one vendor. Aided with a complete digital arsenal, you can switch modes of operation at will to keep in sync with the ever evolving digital arena. After all, survival of the fittest rule applies everywhere-especially in the digital world!