With the ever increasing usage of smartphones, website access is steadily tilting towards users accessing through mobile phones rather than desktops and laptops. It is only obvious then to conclude that it is high time to focus on the fact that the larger chunk of digital audience can be reached through mobile phones- more as a matter of on the go access rather than a patient access at the luxury of a seating posture via a laptop or desktop.
This conclusion has its impact on the way one would optimize one’s digital platform to reach target audience. Following are a few important pointers to watch out for mobile optimization in the new era of 2016:
1. Beauty lies in simplicity: – Ensure that the site is simpler to go through. Remember, despite the bigger screen race, it is not as huge as a desktop or laptop screen. So the simpler the site to look at, the likelier the user to like it.
2. Easy to scroll, easy to roll: – Now the site also needs to be easy to scroll down to set the ball rolling for the user. A complicated design means an interruption in scrolling down, which is not going to resonate well with mobile users. Plan well for the content placement, including headers and further links.
3. Seeing is believing: –The site content visibility has to be in appropriate size, without any requirement for too much zoom around. At the same time, the content should be well designed in placement to ensure the user need not use too much of left-right movement in order to go through the content.
4. Though shall not stuff: – It is quite tempting to put in all the information in text with as much detail as possible. Please note that it is not a legal agreement about to be signed in the presence of a legal advisor; too much of jam-packed data is bound to be lost. Make it short, simple, effective and adequate for the desired impact on the audience.
5. Guard from the evil: – Do not get obsessed with usage of flash and similar techniques that may not be available on many mobile phones. Guard your website from the tendency to rely on such tools to impart messages- if the mobile phone does not accommodate the output of such tools then the whole purpose would be lost.
6. Self-help is the best help: – It might be a good idea to set up a system to track and evaluate changing dynamics of digital access through mobile phones. This field is so dynamic that one cannot rely completely on standard analytic service providers alone(though you may choose to use them in tandem with your own unit).
7. Make it fun: – Mobile accessibility is all about ease of access on the go and fun. Do not neglect the theme of fun while planning your website layout. It would resonate better with mobile audience.
8. No pop up, no mess up: – One thing that the mobile audience seriously dislike would be pop ups that interrupt the comparatively small mobile screen. Avoid such mess ups with user experience for maximum impact.
9. Optimize the ‘click’: – Be careful while designing the links and buttons that are meant to be clicked by the user. Given the screen size, they need to be well designed; too many unintended clicks would definitely disgust the mobile users.
10. Pictorial affair: – Utilize latest trend of informatics i.e. using pictures to convey information. A good picture would be more interesting to look at and would convey information more effectively.
11. A match made in digital heaven: – The branding taglines and pictorials need to be equally effective on the mobile site like the conventional website. Place extreme care in ensuring the same in design and application.
12. The mobile face: – It might be a good idea to introduce a separate URL for mobile site and redirect mobile users to the same for ease and convenience.
13. The original touch: – However, if any user wants to visit the original site, the option should be available as a lot of people prefer this option.
Seo optimized mobile friendly site design is not a joke. If you want to engage mobile digital audience, look carefully for efficient seo services in Connecticut to find your ideal partner. After all, it is a matter of survival of the fittest!