Increasing your organic search engine visibility depends upon having good SEO on your site. Too many web site owners miss several major and important things when designing their websites. Learn all about 10 things you can do to your site to make major improvements and to start seeing increases to your website traffic today.
Optimizing your website for organic search visibility can be one of the best and most cost effective things you can do to increase your web traffic and sales. However, it can be a challenge if you lack the knowledge to do it correctly.
Here are ten things you need to include or check for on your website in order to make your organic SEO increase:
1. A keyword oriented title. This is the first thing that will appear in the search engine descriptions and is key to making sure that your site gets all of the natural rankings it can. Make sure that your title includes 1-2 of your main keywords.
2. Keywords in the metadata. While not every search engine considers these to be important, it is still important to include them. Make sure that you use the Google Adwords tool to look up keywords and variations of them so that you are including the ones that people are the most likely to use when looking for your site.
3. A clear and concise description of your website. This description should be 2-3 sentences long and should include 3-5 of your main keywords. This is what will appear under your title with your search results.
4. Proper Alt Image tags. This is one of the big ones that many people miss when designing their website. Make sure that you include them for all of your images and that you make them keyword oriented. Doing this will not only increase your website rankings but it will also make it so that your images will appear in Google images and make it so that people will find you when searching for pictures online.
5. Links from your main page to other pages within your website. A well designed website will include these as a part of your layout and organization. You also want to link to the main page from your internal pages and to create links from many of your internal pages to other internal pages of your site. You also want your site to have a clear menu layout on every page of the site.
6. Links to the other pages of your site besides your main index both on the website and also from external sources. For example, if you have a blog, you should link to internal pages of your website from time to time and not just to the index.
7. Keywords on your menu layout. It is not good enough to just have a menu layout as mentioned in number five. You also need to make sure that the links with the layout include your keywords as much as possible.
8. Keywords in bold throughout your site. While it is not necessary and can detract from the visual appeal of your website to do this with all of your keywords, you do what to bold some of your keywords in select places on all of the pages of your site. This can not only help with SEO but it can also make your page more appealing and help your readers to see the main keywords of your content. People scan on the web rather than reading every word and this can help them to stay on your site longer.
9. Make sure that all of the links on your site are hyperlinked with a keyword. A common mistake that web site owners do a lot is to link to the word here, or click here. You never want to do this. All that does is increase the ranking for the keyword here or click here and it should be obvious that this is not what you want to do.
10. A variety of links to your pages as well as to other relevant pages. You want to avoid linking to only 2-3 pages and instead strive to link to 10-15 pages. Overtime a well developed website should have 25-30 pages and you will need to link internally to all or almost all of them.
Follow these simple yet often overlooked things and you will no doubt find that your organic seo and visibility as well as your web traffic will increase to a level you never thought possible.