It’s time to develop a video marketing strategy. You may be using it sparingly but there is so much opportunity to pick up additional customers by making it a mandatory part of your marketing. Videos have now become part of the trifecta of online marketing, so the sooner you begin to use them the sooner you will see the benefits.
According to CodeFuel, only 24% of brands currently use video in their marketing strategy despite 70% of marketing professionals reporting that video converts better than any other medium. Based on these stats, “why wouldn’t you [use video in your marketing]?” asks Steve Olenski in an article on Forbes.
Numbers don’t lie. As most of your competitors are not using video marketing, you could take advantage and grab additional market share. Even if your competitors are using it, you still have a better opportunity to convert than with content writing or any other form of marketing. You also need to make sure that your marketing strategy works in a mobile era and video is the best way to do that.
So what are some ways you can include video in your marketing strategy?
Including Webinars in Your Marketing Strategy
A webinar is nothing more than a seminar done over the web. You can host a live webinar or use a recorded one to help bring in leads. In fact, many people host live webinars and then use portions of the recording in various aspects of their future marketing strategy.
Why do people use webinars? In addition to saving time, they help build a relationship with your customers.
“Webinars are not only one of the best marketing tools that you can use, they are also amazing tools to develop strong relationships with customers,” writes ClickMeeting in a blog post about using webinars to develop relationships with customers. “In fact, webinars can help you get a good hold in the latest trend in marketing and relationship selling.”
So how do webinars actually convert? Basically, they create more of a personal level with your customers. You get an opportunity to educate your customers about your products and services while at the same time putting a face to your company. People will see you as a person and not just a website in the sea of websites. Webinars can also have a positive SEO effect which can boost your search rankings.
Live webinars give your customers a chance to ask questions. Recorded webinars give you plenty of content to splice into blog posts and landing pages of your website. Using them in your social media strategy is also advisable.
Other Video Marketing Strategies
In addition to creating webinars as a way to reach your audience, there are other means of using video to help convert.
- How-to videos are one of the best ways to convert customers. People will not buy a product unless they understand how to use it. You will see from some statistics I cite later in this article, people are more likely to make an online purchase after seeing a video than if they don’t. Using quick how-to videos help people understand your product and puts people into the conversion column.
- Include video with your website design; something you can see here with Visibility Magazine. People are able to go directly to the video as opposed to taking the time to read your content. For those without patience or who don’t want to take the time to read, you have a better opportunity of grabbing their attention and turning them into potential customers.
- Another way is to incorporate YouTube as part of your social media strategy. You can host your videos there and share them across other social media channels and embed them into articles. “For the past 10 years, [YouTube] has solidified itself as the premier host for visual content and perhaps the single most valuable marketing channel on the web,” writes Samuel Edwards in a post on Inc. He also adds, “YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world.”
More Video Marketing Statistics
So in addition to video converting 70% more than other mediums (which is all the information I need to convince me), I know there are others who want to see more proof. Here are some additional statistics courtesy of HubSpot that show how using video can help with your marketing strategy.
- Using video in an email leads to a 200-300% increase in click-through rates.
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- Mobile video consumption rises at a rate of 100% per year.
- Combining video with full page ads boosts engagement by 22%.
- 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video.
Final Thoughts on Video Marketing
To me, video marketing is like big data. You may not like it but it is one of the most effective marketing tools and you need to use it. Statistics don’t lie and using video can boost your leads, increase conversions and ultimately bring in more revenue.
Do you use video marketing? How has it increased your leads and conversions?
Featured image credit. credit-n.ru